As the first full day of the 2012 NDSHS conference winds down and relaxes with tours of local greenhouses, let me just say that this year has started out great! Over 100 gardeners from North Dakota, South Dakota and Manitoba have come together for a wonderful weekend touring the best of Bismarck-Mandan’s gardens, learning from local experts, and connecting with friends from across the state. Jan Maddock’s amazing sedum plantings grace the entryway and tables; the vendors have gorgeous perennials to tempt your wallet; and the steering committee has done an amazing job!
It’s not too late to join us for Saturday – a keynote speech, two more awesome breakout sessions, and four more top-tier gardens in Mandan! Registration opens at 8:30 am in the gorgeous Career Academy building on the BSC campus.
4 days remaining! We’ve added pages with the scheduled stops on the tours each day, and updated the Speakers list. So many beautiful gardens to see and interesting speakers to hear – hope to see you all on Thursday night!
Join us in beautiful Bismarck-Mandan, North Dakota, July 26th – 28th for three days of garden tours, fascinating workshops, vendors and friends.
Your full registration includes:
- Tours of the Dragonfly Garden at United Tribes Technical College, the rose garden at the Dakota Zoo, and other open gardens Thursday night – focusing especially on small yards who have forgone grass for more planting space!
- Refreshments at Becky Weisgerber’s open garden Thursday night
- Two lunches
- Supper Friday
- Baldwin Greenhouse tour
- Plant Perfect nursery tour
- Refreshments during breaks
- Tours of area gardens – get inspiration for your own garden from a variety of famous Bismarck DIY designs, from large rural lots to small city yards
- All sessions and speakers
- A free plant just for attending
- Door prizes
- Bidding number for Silent Auction
Bring those old magazines and books. We will recycle them to other members for a small fee to benefit NDSHS. You may get some great deals for yourself.
Have pictures of past amazing NDSHS garden tours and conference sessions that you’d like to share? Upload them to our Flickr pool, and they’ll be featured on our website!